Why Upgrade to Sugar 9.x
Empowering customers to accelerate sales is at the heart of the new Sugar 9 release. As a business accelerator and innovator, SugarCRM’s mandate is to consistently exceed customers’ expectations and to thrill them with rapid delivery of new products and capabilities, feature enhancements and performance improvements. To that end, SugarCRM has upped their game big time in Sugar 9, anchoring every new capability on acceleration. With these significant enhancements, customers can now collaborate and communicate more effectively, know more about their customers to quickly make better decisions, and do more with faster quotes and more automation. Most importantly, Sugar 9 really screams – like SpaceX fast – boosting performance throughout the product.
Whether the customer is an individual user or a senior manager, Sugar 9 offers game-changing enhancements to accelerate their business, allowing them to collaborate more, know more and do more.
Why Upgrade to Sugar 8.x
Sugar Summer ’18 is now live and available for all customers hosted in the Sugar cloud environment. Summer ’18 is the next step in the core Sugar quarterly feature delivery model, providing accelerated delivery of new innovations for cloud customers, as well as heightened levels of predictability for Sugar updates.
Sugar 8 has major updates to reports, and upgraded user experience, advanced workflows, and more.
Take a look comprehensive look at Sugar version 8 updates here.
Sugar Version 7.8
- Calls and meetings now have expanded types of recurrence available, especially concerning monthly recurrences.
- Users will now be alerted of call and meeting invitees who will not receive email invites due to empty or invalid email addresses in Sugar.
- The start dates in the Calls, Meetings, and Tasks subpanels are now highlighted according to when their start date occurs.
- Email addresses are now validated when composing emails from Sidecar modules (e.g. via Emails subpanel in Accounts module) in order to detect any invalid emails.
- Users now have the ability to refresh the records displayed in list views and subpanels by clicking the Refresh button to the right of the search bar.
- Revenue Line Items, Quoted Line Items, and Product Catalog records can now have quantities of zero and allow for manual entry of fields typically calculated based on a non-zero quantity.
- Users can now customize the key combinations which trigger Sugar’s shortcuts via the Keyboard Shortcuts page.
- Dependent field formulas controlling a field’s visibility are now respected when previewing records via the list view’s intelligence pane.
- Bar charts can now display the total for grouped data in report chart dashlets.
Sugar Version 7.7
- New User Interface (UI)
- Knowledge base relocated to Sidecar
- Tagging feature introduced
- Enhanced Global Search
- Updated lead conversion proves
- UI updates
- Advanced Workflow templates and process definition updates
- Workflow now allows team sets to be used for Action Definitions
- Group by week has been added to reports
- New To/CC/Bcc functionality added to the compose email window
- Quotes subpanels for Accounts and Contacts updated
- Forecasts now show commit history timestamps
- Sugar Logic and Knowledge Base enhancements to the Portal
- Security updates
Sugar Version 7.0
- New User Interface (UI)
- Wildcard Usage with Filters
- More Powerful Search Functionality
- Advanced Sidecar with loads of Components
- Better Performance
- New REST API
- Mobile Versatility
- New Modules (Such as Revenue Line Items)
- Dashboard Feature in all Views
- Preview from List View & Record View
- Inline Edit from List View & Record View
- Insightful Forecasting
- Help Dashlet in Dashboard
- Activity Stream
Sugar Version 6.7
- Introduced Racer X theme
- Enhanced forecasting module customizable by role
- Customization time and outcome frames
- Mobile app compatible with iOS 5.0+
- New Sales Reps and Manager Worksheets
- New Intelligence pane