Integration is a really critical component in getting the most out of any business management system. Strong integration between different aspects of an organization can reduce errors, increase efficiencies, and allow management system to generate more timely and accurate information for management. It’s incredibly important.
Over the years, we’ve helped our clients integrate their Sage MAS90 and MAS 200 systems with a variety of other applications including shipping systems, e-commerce websites, point of sale software, EDI, non-profit software, warehouse management systems and automation, custom databases, and almost anything else our clients have thrown at us.
Some examples of integration projects over the years include:
- Cypress Document Management Software / Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Integration
- Axys Portfolio Management Software / Sage MAS 90 Bridge
- Retail Pro Point of Sale Software / Sage MAS 90 Link
- Netsuite E-Commerce / Sage MAS 90 Integration
Integration of Sage MAS90 and MAS 200 with shipping software can be an especially effective way of streamlining operations. Some of our work has included capabilities for the following:
- Entering an order number in the shipping software performs a lookup in Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 and automatically displays the ship-to address
- Automatically posting tracking numbers back to Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 from the shipping software. The tracking numbers are then available in sales order and invoice history inquiry screens. From there, you can click on a tracking number and get up to the minute delivery status through integration with UPS, Federal Express, and other related websites.
- Automatically updating the ship date entered on the order in Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 with the actual ship date from the shipping system. This, combined with our enhancement to allow automatic generation of invoices by ship date, allows those organizations with significant invoicing volume to dramatically streamline this process
- For those companies with EDI and Advanced Ship Notice requirements, we help capture box specific information (i.e. which items are in which box, etc.) and then turn it around so it can be used to meet these requirements
We’ve integrated Sage products with some of the leading shipping solutions available:
- UPS Worldship
- UPS Online
- Fedex Online
- Star Ship
The integration of shipping software with back office accounting systems can pay big dividends in terms of improved efficiency, elimination of redundant manual tasks, and increased availability of timely information.
Warehouse Management Systems
We have worked with a wide variety of Warehouse Management and Warehouse Automation Systems in conjunction with Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 over the years. We help our clients automate all aspects of warehouse operations:
- Physical Count
- Pick & Pack
In implementing these areas of automation in the warehouse, we generally use Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Accounting Software integrated with various third party add-ons, barcoding technology and hardware, and customization as needed. We have worked extensively with the Scanco suite of bar coding products designed especially for integration with Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 as well as products from ICS, CoreIMS, and Acellos.
One of our strengths at FBSG is in our ability to bridge disparate technologies, software, and platforms into one cohesive system. Our Sage MAS 90 consultants work closely with our web team to integrate a variety of web site functions with Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200.
Whether through the use of the Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 E-Business Modules or through the development of custom integration tools, we integrate client web sites with back office accounting so that our clients’ accounting records have the ability to be updated real time from web transactions. In addition, many of our clients have discovered the value of allowing their customers access to certain customer service information through their web sites. Allowing customers themselves to lookup order status, check on tracking numbers, reprint copies of outstanding invoices, check on credit standing, check on inventory availability, and update shipping addresses many times can save companies from having to hire additional customer service personnel. At the least, it allows organizations to potentially redeploy customer service staff into possibly more productive use of their time.