A Look at SugarCRM Modules by Department
A Look at Sugar Modules by Department
All businesses using
Each business is unique and has different needs but let’s look at Sugar modules by department while highlighting the uses case. Your percentages and uses may vary.
The leads module is 70% Marketing and 30% Sales.
1. The marketing departments goal is to generate leads.
2. Marketing needs to track leads, marketing spend and activities needed to convert to a Sales Qualified Lead.
3. The sales departments role is to qualify and convert or close.
The Opportunities module is 80% Sales and 20% Marketing.
1. Marketing needs to know the Close Win and Close Loss metrics on Opportunities that came from Leads that the Marketing department generated.
2. Sales live in Opportunities since this is where the deals are tracked until they are won or lost.
3. Sales management is most interested in Opportunities and Opp metrics since these are qualified deals.
Sugar Quotes, Product Catalog, Revenue Line Items
These modules are 90% Sales and 10% Accounting. Quotes, Product Catalog, and Revenue Line Items are all about helping the customer make a decision on what to purchase and then getting a signature.
1. Sales generate the Quotes.
2. The Product Catalog supports Quoting and sales.
3. Accounting gets involved at the “tail end” when a Quote is Closed Accepted.
Sugar Quoted Line Items
Quoted Line Items are 20% Sales, 60% Operations / Fulfillment, 20% Accounting
1. The Quoted Line Items are each individual product/service sold by Sales.
2. Most aspects or fields of Quoted Line Items are for Operations and Fulfillment.
3. Accounting also gets more engaged since they need to handle billing.
As I mentioned, your use cases may vary but this is a high-level overview of which departments Sugar modules are intended for. If you need help expanding your use of Sugar and would like to get more departments involved, please contact our team.
Related Blog Posts
Rankings season is upon us with March Madness right around the corner. It’s been another year...Read More
SugarCRM Inc., the company that helps global organizations build better business relationships, has named Faye Business...Read More
Forrester defines the customer journey as the series of interactions between a customer and a company...Read More