Salesforce vs Sugar – Pros and Cons
2017. The year you finally moved away from spreadsheets and point solutions and joined the rest of us in the $20B CRM movement — welcome, nice to meet you. Now that you’re here, you’ve got a pretty hard decision to make. Well, let’s make it easier, shall we?
Given the size and maturity of today’s CRM software, there are numerous platforms for businesses of every size and in every category. In the interest of avoiding analysis paralysis, let’s narrow down the field to two of the best and most-popular: SugarCRM & Salesforce*.
*Yes, there are many, many other CRM options out there. But they’re in a tier below.
With more than $6.6B in revenue in 2016, this 800-pound gorilla pioneered the SaaS space and remains the industry’s most established player. Despite their foray into other markets like artificial intelligence and marketing automation, Salesforce remains the “industry standard” and is a de-facto finalist in most CRM evaluations.
- Familiarity among sales reps increases user adoption
- The Salesforce AppExchange is the largest 3rd party application store of any CRM
- Native chat capability (Chatter)
- Large online support and training community
- Full out-of-the-box feature set (albeit at a steep cost)
- Stale, aging UI/UX
- Does not support on-premises deployments (vastly increasing exit costs)
- No SLA for its cloud service
- Storage limitations
- Configuration limitations
- API call limitations
The fastest growing company in the industry, SugarCRM is an open-source platform that has gained in popularity due to its ease-of-use, cost, deployment options, and the ease with which it can be extensively customized. While most popular with small to medium-sized businesses seeking a less-expensive substitute to Salesforce, SugarCRM has recently gained several large Enterprise customers, including Coca-Cola, Apple, and IBM, the latter of which happens to be the world’s largest CRM deployment (more than 55,000 sales users).
- Deployment options
- Workflow engine
- Innovative UI
- Free mobile app
- Unlimited API calls and custom fields/modules
- Familiarity among new users
- Lack of native chat functionality
- Low storage amount (additional GB are reasonably priced)
- Many integrations need to be custom-built
Join me January 17th, as we’ll be taking a deeper dive into the differences between the two platforms our SugarCRM vs. Salesforce webinar.
Attendees will see side by side comparisons of the following:
- Ease of Use
- Deployment Options
- 3rd Party Ecosystems
- CRM ROI
- Customization & Configuration
- Feature Comparisons
- Live side-by-side demo
Related Blog Posts
Rankings season is upon us with March Madness right around the corner. It’s been another year...Read More
SugarCRM Inc., the company that helps global organizations build better business relationships, has named Faye Business...Read More
Forrester defines the customer journey as the series of interactions between a customer and a company...Read More