What to Expect When Upgrading to SugarCRM 7.7
What to Expect When Upgrading to 7.7
Upgrades to Sugar 7.7 are available or required for instances according to the following guidelines:
- On-demand 7.x instances that are not highly customized will be upgraded to 7.7.
- On-site 6.5.x and 7.x instances have the option to upgrade to 7.7.
When preparing for your upgrade or deciding whether or not to upgrade, please keep in mind that there are some key features of 6.5.x and 7.x which have been changed or are not available in Sugar 7.7.x. Some of the items that are unavailable in Sugar 7.7.x will be made available in a future release. To help provide you with the necessary information, this article covers what to expect when upgrading your instance from 6.5.x or 7.x to 7.7.x. For information about differences between 7.5.x, 7.6.x, and 7.7.x, please refer to the 7.7 Release Notes specific to your Sugar edition.
Updated User Interface
Modules in Sugar 7.7.x use either the Legacy or Sidecar user interface. Modules on the Legacy user interface will continue to display the same layout and functionalities in 6.5.x. Modules using the Sidecar user interface will have new layouts and functionalities (e.g. Record View, Intelligence Panes, Module Search, etc.). Please note that modules using the Legacy user interface utilize the time zone specified in your user profile while modules using the Sidecar user interface utilize your browser’s set time zone. It is recommended that the time zone defined in your user profile match your browser’s set time zone to avoid any inconsistencies after upgrading to 7.7.x. For more information on the Sidecar user interface, please refer to the User Interface documentation in the Application Guide.
[table id=10 /]
Please note that custom modules installed in your Sugar instance that were created outside of Module Builder will use the Legacy user interface upon upgrade to 7.7.x. The functionality of custom modules will remain the same as in 6.5.x. Custom modules that were created in Module Builder and deployed in your instance will utilize the Sidecar user interface upon upgrade to 7.7.x. Please note that deploying a module from Module Builder in 7.7.x which was built in version 6.5.x will cause the module to use the Sidecar user interface.
Feature Disparity Between 7.x and 7.7.x
Sugar 7.x features that have been changed or are no longer available in 7.7.x are as follows:
[table id=11 /]
Feature Disparity Between 6.5.x and 7.7.x
Sugar 6.5.x features which have been changed or which are no longer available in 7.7.x are as follows:
Note: The Tour icon is only enabled for Sidecar modules.
[table id=12 /]
The following issues will be resolved in future releases of Sugar 7:
- 68245: Upgrading from 6.5.x or 6.7.x to 7.x causes the Calendar dashlet to be missing from the Legacy dashboard.
- 69119 : Any saved searches created in Sugar 6.5.x or 6.7.x will not be available after upgrading to 7.x.
The following issues will remain for all Sugar 7 releases:
- Calls List View Displays No Records : The Calls list view may not initially display records as expected after upgrading from 6.5.x or 6.7.x to 7.x. Clicking the Search button in the module will get the records to appear properly in the list view again.
- Sugar Mobile Plus : Sugar Mobile Plus is not supported in Sugar 7 and will not function with instances upgraded from 6.5.x or 6.7.x to 7.x.
- Website Field Not Supported for Search : The Website field will be missing from search for instances upgraded from 6.5.x or 6.7.x to 7.x if the field was enabled for search prior to upgrade. Website field is not available to add to the Search layout via Studio.