The right marketing automation solution, such as Act-On helps you focus on your customers, understand which marketing programs are working (or not), and accelerate buyers through your sales funnel. With far less effort and at much lower costs.
Marketing automation is a technology platform that helps organizations manage marketing efforts across multiple digital channels, automate manual processes, and track results.
What are the keys to successful marketing automation?
Though there are many pieces that must be put in place to establish a successful marketing strategy, there are two extreme key principles to keep in mind when developing a strategy that scales and evolves with your customers.
- Recognizing that marketing automation does not do marketing and lead generation for you, but can help scale your successful efforts.
- Centering your marketing messages around the real, live person at the receiving end of your campaigns.
Business benefits of marketing automation
- Higher conversion rates and better data.
- Marketing automation provides a digital infrastructure to manage, measure, and optimize your sales and marketing funnel.
- You can get in front of prospects earlier and stay engaged with modern buyers who are hyper-connected, empowered, and impatient.
Marketing Automation Features and Tools
- Email marketing
- Search marketing – More than 80% of buyers use a search engine to begin the hunt when they become interested in a purchase.
- Social media marketing
- Landing pages and forms
- Lead nurturing – Lead nurturing is the process of sending steady, progressive communications to “nurture” your leads from new and curious, to ready to buy
- Lead scoring- Scoring is a tried-and-true method for qualifying leads based on who they are and how they engage with your brand
- Automated programs
- Website visitor tracking
- Reports and analytics
Marketing Automation Statistics
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a451% increase in qualified leads. In turn, nurtured leads make 47% largerpurchases than non-nurtured leads. (The Annuitas Group, Nov 2012)
- Companies that adopt marketing automation see 53% higher conversion rates(from initial touch to MQL) and 3.1% higher annual revenue rates than donon-adopters. (Aberdeen Group, Jul 2012)
- 79% of top-performing companies have been using marketing automation formore than two years, with 79% of CMOs indicating “increasing revenue” as themost compelling reason for adoption, followed by “higher quality leads” at 76%.(Gleanster, Aug 2013)
- 78% of successful marketers cite marketing automation as being mostresponsible for improving revenue contribution. (The Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups, Nov 2013)
- Marketing automation drives a 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a12.2% decrease in marketing overhead. (Nucleus Research, Apr 2012)
- According to Bain & Company, a 5% increase in customer retention cangenerate a 75% increase in profitability. Additionally, it costs 6 times more toget a new customer than to keep an existing one. (Forrester Research, Oct 2013)
- Companies that invest in marketing automation solutions see 70% faster salescycle times and 54% improvement in quota achievement. (Bulldog Solutions, Mar 2012)
- 63% of companies that are surpassing their competitors use integratedmarketing automation. (The Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups, Nov 2013)
- 80% of companies that implemented a marketing automation solution realizedROI in less than 1 year – 44% of them saw ROI in less than 6 months.(Focus Research, Mar 2011)
- Companies that deploy marketing automation see:
- 107% better lead conversion rates
- 40% greater average deal sizes
- 20% higher team attainment of quota
- 17% better forecast accuracy (Aberdeen Group, June 2012)