CRM and Quickbooks Integration: A Tale of Two Integrations – Salesforce vs. SugarCRM
Title: Salesforce vs. SugarCRM: 9 Points to Consider when integrating CRM with Quickbooks
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2013
Time: 10 AM PT/1 PM ET
SIGN UP NOW
[button link=”https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/429437615″ size=”medium” target=”_blank” color=”blue” lightbox=”false”]Click Here[/button]
Are you looking into CRM Software to integrate with your Quickbooks application? Two of the leading CRM solutions are SugarCRM and Salesforce. Which is best for you? Which integrates best with Quickbooks?
All businesses at some stage or another tackle the task of implementing CRM and ERP software to manage their day to day operations. However, the planning of the integration between them is often overlooked. As a consequence, your CRM and ERP applications have the potential to become stand alone silos with no data effectively passing back and forth. This can lead your teams to be doing double work and performing tedious manual tasks. Critical data that should be available to one group of users is not available without laborious processes.
You know your business and its process, you know what you want to achieve, but how do you know the most efficient way to achieve it? How do you know which software and which integration will achieve your goals?
Join us at our free webinar as we discuss how integrating software such as SugarCRM and QuickBooks will make your company and its processes more efficient, and save your company time and money. We also review the pros and cons of integrating SugarCRM with Quickbooks versus integrating Salesforce with Quickbooks so you can make educated decisions about your CRM solution.
Topics to be discussed:
- Value & Total Cost of Ownership
- QuickBooks Integration
- Architecture – Open VS. Closed
- Deployment Options
- Data Control & Accessibility
- Why CRM Implementations Fail and What to Watch Out For
- Hidden Implementation Costs
- Third Party Integrations
The SugarCRM – Quickbooks Integration Application allows CRM and ERP to “talk with each other” by synchronizing customers, inventory items, non-inventory items, and service items, invoice and sales receipt history, and sales orders/estimates between QuickBooks and SugarCRM. The synchronization between the packages is set to run on a scheduler, typically every 10 minutes.
[tab title=”Key Benefits” icon=”file”]
- Eliminates double entry of customers in both SugarCRM and QuickBooks
- Updates SugarCRM with critical invoice and sales receipt history information that can be used for marketing campaigns and salesperson inquiries
- Provides access to product lists in SugarCRM without having to manually key in items
- Eliminates double entry of sales orders/estimates in both SugarCRM and QuickBooks
Click here to download the SugarCRM-QuickBooks Integration spec sheet.
[tab title=”Compatibility” icon=”file”]
- QuickBooks Professional, Premiere, Enterprise
- SugarCRM v6.0 through SugarCRM v6.5
- SugarCRM Professional, Corporate, Enterprise, and Ultimate Editions
- SugarCRM On-Demand
The software is also compatible with SugarCRM Community Edition, although CE lacks modules for the product catalog and quotes which minimizes the points of integration between QuickBooks and SugarCRM
[tab title=”Requirements” icon=”file”]
- A compatible version of QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Enterprise; US versions only)
- A compatible version of SugarCRM
- MySQL database, used by SugarCRM
This software is compatible with SugarCRM On Demand, or SugarCRM hosted on-site with a MySQL database. This integration software has been optimized for MySQL; SugarCRM hosted with MS SQL is not supported at this time.
[tab title=”Purchase Information” icon=”file”]
- All FayeBSG products are based on an annual recurring subscription.
- Includes all software updates for one year, an operating manual and unlimited email support.
- Support emails go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Costs do not include professional services other than email support.
Related Blog Posts
Rankings season is upon us with March Madness right around the corner. It’s been another year...Read More
SugarCRM Inc., the company that helps global organizations build better business relationships, has named Faye Business...Read More
Forrester defines the customer journey as the series of interactions between a customer and a company...Read More