Why use SugarCRM to create and manage business opportunities?
To remain competitive in today’s market, businesses need to continuously source ways to expand and diversify their customer base. Generating new business opportunities through a variety of means is not only necessary but vital for the success of most companies today. There are numerous ways that new opportunities can be generated, some of these include: strategic business partnerships, expanding geographical reach , developing new products for specific markets, promoting a strong web presence and so forth.
Whichever path you take to generate and create new business opportunities, one thing is certain, without documenting and managing your new opportunities, you will be limiting your chances for success. SugarCRM is the perfect tool to manage all of your business opportunities, and see through to the end of the sale process.
How to Create and Manage Opportunities in SugarCRM
The Opportunities module allows you to create, manage sales opportunities (also known as qualified leads) and view all related records. The opportunities module is very customizable to track your sales process and pipeline. Your system administrator will define business processes and workflows to suit your company’s requirements.
Learn how to:
- Search for an Opportunity and Related Accounts
- Understand Creating Options
- Create a New Opportunity from the Quick Create Dropdown Menu
- Create an Opportunity from the Quotes and Leads Modules
- Manage Opportunities
- Edit, Delete, Duplicate Opportunities
- Link Records to Opportunities
Search for an Opportunity and Related Accounts
Search for an existing opportunity and account before you create a new opportunity as a best practice to minimize duplicated records. Each opportunity is related to an account, and multiple opportunities can be related to the same account. Conduct a search based on your new opportunity and new or existing account information before creating the new opportunity.
Understand Creating Options
Opportunities can be created from:
- The Create Opportunity link the Opportunities module tab hover menu.
- The Create Opportunity quick form on the Quick Create Dropdown Menu.
- The Create Opportunity from Quote button in the Quotes detail view.
- The Create button in Opportunity sub-panels within Account and Contact records.
- The Convert Lead button in the Leads detail view.
Create a New Opportunity from the Quick Create Drop-down Menu
Follow these steps to create an Opportunity from the Quick Create drop-down menu.
Create an Opportunity from the Quotes and Leads modules
You can also create an opportunity from the Quotes and Lead modules:
- Select “Create Opportunity from Quote” in the Action List on the quote record detail view. This allows you to create a quote before you create an opportunity. Once the opportunity is created, the records will be linked, OR
- Select “Convert Lead” from the Action List on the lead record detail view. This allows you to create an opportunity and link to the contact and account records created during the Convert Lead process.
From the Opportunities home page, you can update several opportunity records at once, as well as quickly link into the Edit view. From the opportunity detail view you can create and link activities, contacts, quotes, projects, contracts, and threads for an opportunity. And from the edit view, you can edit the opportunity details.
Edit, Delete, and Duplicate Opportunities
The Opportunities detail view allows you to make changes to the record by selecting the Edit, Duplicate, or Delete buttons.
- Edit: Select Edit to see the edit view and edit the record.
- Duplicate: Select Duplicate to make a copy of the existing record to modify.
- Delete: Select Delete to remove the record from the module.
- Click Yes delete the record.
- Click No to retain the record and return to the opportunity detail view.
- Find Duplicates: Select Find Duplicates before creating new opportunity records to prevent have duplicate opportunities.
Note: Your system administrator determines who has privileges to view, edit and delete records. Please check with your system administrator to confirm your privileges.
Link Records to Opportunities
From the Opportunities detail view you can access sub-panels, including Activities, History, Leads, Contacts, Quotes, Projects, Contracts, and Threads.
You can add contacts, invite them to meetings, print out a summary of archived notes and activities for the meeting, and create quotes and contracts, all from the Opportunities sub-panels.
Records created from the sub-panels are automatically linked to the Opportunity; you can access them on one page through the Opportunities detail view.
Sub-panels are grouped by tabs and you can view all sub-panels or a specific group of sub-panels by selecting the appropriate tab. This allows you to see only sub-groups needed at the moment, such as sub-panels for Activities, History, and Contacts only.
How to Create and Manage Opportunities in SugarCRM video
Streamline your business processes with SugarCRM Integrations
Powerful and versatile SugarCRM inter operates with other applications and databases. Faye Business Systems Group have custom designed a number of integration’s that will assist you and your business reach its full potential.
SugarCRM – Sage 100 ERP Integration
SugarCRM – Constant Contact Integration
SugarCRM – Authorize.Net Integration
SugarCRM – Intacct Integration
SugarCRM – QuickBooks Integration