Before discussing several key points to make your Marketing and Sales a predictable process it is important to understand what not to do and then rectify any processes to turn your marketing and sale into a more successful strategy.
You may need to rethink your marketing and sales strategies. New technology means you can reach more people, at little to no cost.
Here are some of the most common mistakes found in the marketing and sales section:
- Buying email lists usually results in sending unsolicited, unwanted email without permission.
- Not having a CRM system to track and nurture leads and opportunities or having a CRM system but not utilizing it properly to track and nurture leads.
- Thinking social media is just a fad and not taking the time or opportunity to learn and use social medial.
- Not having a specific and organized sales process that converts prospects to customers.
- A website that you can’t access or control the content on, or having a website that says nothing about why you are special and unique and why customers should choose you.
- Not having an in-house mailing list.
- Failing to define your ideal customer, or defining your market too widely.
- Making assumptions about your target market without research or concrete support.
- Not knowing or caring what your competitors charge and why they charge it, or what they are saying about themselves or you.
- Letting your marketing choose you, rather than having a plan and working the plan
- Assume that referrals just happen – they don’t.
- Not specifically identifying the mediums you will use to advertise and promote your product.
- Lacking clarity about how future changes might effect your market.
Now that you have a better understanding and a chance to assess your actions, STOP making these common mistakes. Take action to make your marketing and sales a predictable process. The steps below will assist you to do so:
- Strategy first, tactics last – Get your message, your value and your ideal customer clearly defined as your first step, and make sure all the staff are in the know.
- Customer Relationship Management – make sure you have a way to move customers through the process of getting to know, like and trust you so that they can try, buy, repeat purchase and refer you.
- Publish educational content – it’s about being found, and educating is the best way to get found.
- Create a total web presence – your website, social media, review sites and a blog.
- Use a lead generation trio – you have to do more than just wait for people to find you.
- Make selling a system – you have to make the conversion of prospects to customers an organized, methodical approach
- Live by the calendar – if you don’t schedule all these things, nothing will happen. Marketing is always important, but rarely is it urgent.
Take advantage of all the resources available, but most of all make a plan, and make it happen. Keep everyone update and in the know. Even if you take one small step at a time, it’s better than nothing at all.
If you would like to speak to us to explain how to bring you business in line with the best available CRM programs such as SugarCRM, or how we can integrate your CRM with online marketing tools such as Act-On or Constant Contact then don’t hesitate to email us or give us a call at 818 280 4820.