We would like to remind you of the upcoming end-of-support date for the 5.5.x versions of the SugarCRM products. These versions are the 5.5.1, 5.5.2, 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 maintenance patches.
After Sunday, July 31, 2011, SugarCRM will no longer provide customer support, additional maintenance patches or bug fixes for Sugar 5.5.x.
This end-of-support date applies to the 5.5.x maintenance patches of Sugar Enterprise and Sugar Professional, along with the Sugar plug-ins and extensions.
How does this impact you?
The 5.5.x maintenance patches of the SugarCRM products can be run beyond July 31, 2011. However, support and development will no longer be provided by SugarCRM for the 5.5.x maintenance patches after that date.
We strongly recommend that customers running the 5.5.x maintenance patches or earlier versions of Sugar upgrade to the latest version, which is 6.2.x.
Why should customers upgrade to Sugar 6.2.x?
Sugar 6.2.x contains new features and enhancements, including the following:
- New Social Media features
- Sugar Mobile for iPhone and Android devices
- Advanced customizations through Sugar Logic
- Advanced configurations using Module Builder and Studio
- Enhanced Web Services
- Improved performance and scalability
- Improved stability
- New Sugar Cloud Connectors
- View and import 3rd-party data from Hoover’s and InsideView
- Access files on and upload files to Google Docs and LotusLive
- Manange Gotomeeting, Webex and LotusLive meetings
Why does SugarCRM retire product versions?
Regularly retiring older versions of the Sugar application allows SugarCRM to focus on delivering high quality, making enhancements and building new features in upcoming releases.
Check the End of Support schedule to learn about the upcoming End of Version dates.