StarShip FedEx API News
Due to a change on the FedEx servers, you may experience the following errors when processing shipments:
- 400 Bad Request – Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
- Error sending rate request : Rate request returned invalid reply
A web update is now available to support the latest FedEx changes. Follow the instructions below to receive the latest build.
Did you know that v11 supports the latest FedEx Web Services technology? This new interface provides additional features such as FedEx SmartPost, Electronic Trade Documents and support for Ground HazMat.
StarShip Web Update
There are two ways to run a StarShip Web Update.
- From your Start > Programs menu,
Start > Programs > StarShip > StarShip Web Update
- From Windows Explorer, go to the StarShip program directory:
C:V-TechnologiesStarShip directory and double click WiseUpdt.exe
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Web Update.
Important notes for v9 customers
- V-Technologies will discontinue support for v9 on Dec. 31, 2011.
- FedEx will retire the API subscription transaction on June 1, 2011. This means that you will not be able to add or re-subscribe FedEx accounts in StarShip v9 after this date.
- FedEx will retire all API transactions on May 31, 2012. This means you can no longer ship FedEx packages in StarShip v9 after this date.
We understand that this is going to be a transition and that’s why we strongly recommend planning your v11 migration now. Installing over the summer months means our Support Team can devote more resources to assisting you before we enter our peak/busy season.
KnowledgeBase: Error 400 Bad Request or Invalid Rate Reply
Customers with available support incidents or on the annual plan, can contact
the V-Technologies Help Desk at 800.462.4016 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support can be purchased online at: shop.vtechnologies.com:
Technical Support incidents
For more information, please contact the V-Technologies Sales Department at 800-462-4016 (option 1) or email email@example.com
Related Blog Posts
Choosing a new CRM isn’t an easy decision. However, once an organization gets to the finish...Read More
Should you host your customer relationship management software in the cloud? Short answer: yes. We’re going...Read More
Have you ever heard of Pareto’s Principle? Neither had we by that name. But it’s also...Read More