StarShip 11.1 Release
The latest release features performance enhancements to speed processing on the ship screen, new settings for enhanced workflow automation and expanded FedEx and USPS options. More details below and online.
- Electronic Trade Documents
- HazMat documentation: OP-900 and OP-950
- New flat rate package types (Legal Envelope, Gift Card Envelope, Window Envelope, Cardboard Envelope, Small Envelope, Regional Rate Box A and Regional Rate Box B)
- Critical Mail service
- Expanded “Hold at Location” fields
- Support for Rubber Stamp 1-3 (reference fields)
Important notes for customers still running version 9:
- V-Technologies will discontinue support for v9 on Dec. 31, 2011.
- FedEx will retire the API subscription transaction on June 1, 2011. This means that you will not be able to add or re-subscribe FedEx accounts in StarShip v9 after this date.
- FedEx will retire all API transactions on May 31, 2012. This means you can no longer ship FedEx packages in StarShip v9 after this date.
- StarShip v11 includes support for FedEx Web Services. This will give you uninterrupted FedEx shipping with added features such as FedEx SmartPost and Electronic Trade Documents.
- StarShip v11 has exclusive support for USPS Endicia giving you commercial discount pricing, expanded flat rate boxes and more. We have discontinued USPS Manifest and Metered Mail.
We understand that this is going to be a transition and that’s why we strongly recommend planning your v11 migration now. This will give you time to become familiarized with the new look and feel and our Support Team can devote more resources to assisting you before we enter our peak/busy season. You should also know that version 9 can run in parallel with 11 to give you time for installation and setup.
MAS 90 and MAS 200 Interface News
You can continue using StarShip and the StarShip Link through version 4.4. Sage has made the decision to remove the StarShip Link in MAS 90 and 200 version 4.5 so now may be a good time to consider moving to the direct (BOI) interface. Developed by V-Technologies, this interface incorporates many of the requested features we’ve received from customers over the years. We’re excited to offer more automation than ever before with enhancements such as item-level integration, customizable field maps and translations and integration to other solutions such as TrueCommerce, Scanco and ScanForce.
Looking for more info?
We are hosting weekly webinars to provide an overview of the new interface. Space is limited so we recommend you register early. Please feel free to join one!
Installing StarShip 11.1 is a straightforward process involving client and server installation. For customers wishing assistance, we offer the following support services.
- Installation Appointment – Our Support Team will complete a full install of the software for you! Available through our online store for only $695.
- Technical Support Incidents – $50 per incident or a bundle of 5 for $195.
For more information, please contact the V-Technologies Sales Department at 800-462-4016 (option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Blog Posts
Choosing a new CRM isn’t an easy decision. However, once an organization gets to the finish...Read More
Should you host your customer relationship management software in the cloud? Short answer: yes. We’re going...Read More
Have you ever heard of Pareto’s Principle? Neither had we by that name. But it’s also...Read More