The Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Bar Code Module helps import transactions usually gathered with a scanner (although it’s not required). While specific scanners are certainly recommended for use with the module, any scanner will do as long as it produces a text file in the appropriate format.
The file must meet the following requirements:
- ASCII Text format
- The file name must begin with a specific letter of the alphabet corresponding to the type of transaction records to be imported:
- “B” for Bill of Materials Transactions
- “I” for Inventory Transactions (physical count entry)
- “P” for Purchase Order Transactions
- “S” for Sales Order Transaction
- The file name should be in an “8.3” file name format, ending with a *.ODB extension (e.g. – ” I1234567.ODB” for an inventory import file.)
The following table illustrates the ASCII import file format for Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Inventory Management transactions. Note Records should be terminated with LF or LF/CR combination. The Lot/Serial Number field is optional for non-lot/serial number items.
|Transaction Type (hardcode – “8”)|
|Lot/Serial Number (if applicable)|
NOTE: Only items that are frozen can be imported into the Physical Count Entry task and ODB imports do not support the expanded item codes.