In the Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 v4.4 Product Update 2, scheduled for June 2010, Bank Reconciliation usability will be improved. The new update will allow users to electronically reconcile their Bank transactions between their MAS90/200 software and their Bank (incorporating the main features and functionality of the Sage Extended Solutions title BR 1005 which imports a text file and validates cleared checks against the Bank Reconciliation Transaction file).
Utilize Positive Pay to verify check information (amount, payee, etc.) prior to the company’s financial institution’s payment, which helps protect companies against check fraud (incorporating the main features and functionality of Extended Solutions title BR 1004).
Positive Pay is an automated fraud detection tool offered by the Cash Management Department of most banks. In its simplest form, it is a service that matches the account number, check number and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by the company. All three components of the check must match exactly or it will not pay.
In addition, there are a number of other features included in Product Update #1:
- Enhanced searching in Cash Receipts entry, including the ability to search by invoices.
- Wire transfer entry in AP check processing
- Automatic Earnings Codes for employees in payroll
- Ability to limit customers to be able to purchase only certain items on sales orders (enhanced purchase controls)
- Printing Back Orders on Picking Sheets.
- Avoid Duplicate Picking Sheet Printing
- Enhanced searching capabilities by bin and lot number in Inventory
- New Credit Card Encryption to address the new PCI-DSS regulations.
Some of these enhancements are related to the inclusion of previous extended solutions, and some are just great new features and functionality added by Sage.