Customer Success Manager
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to help us ensure the success of our clients by consistently communicating with our existing client database and also looking for opportunities for upselling, cross-selling, and renewals related primarily to SugarCRM, Sage, and our own proprietary software that integrates with Sugar. The CSM is a huge part of our commitment to our “Take Care of Our Clients” company value.
The focus of the CSM will be to maintain a positive experience for customers working with FayeBSG by performing regular calls and providing assistance to ensure they get the maximum value out of their products and services provided by FayeBSG. In addition, the CSM will also be responsible for maintaining annual renewals, performing client calls to upsell or cross-sell services, training, and integrations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact each client in our database at least once every two months.
- This will be managed with reporting from our CRM software.
- Verify data in our CRM software before making outbound calls.
- Calls with clients based on a predetermined call script including some of the following topics:
- How things are going with their current products and us: encourage feedback on what we can do better.
- Presentation about available new versions of their software and 3rd party product offerings.
- Verifying how things are going with services and project work (work closely with the Ops Team regarding any customer satisfaction issues).
- Checklist of questions regarding upselling other products.
- Establish potential additional training needs.
- Establish potential needs for additional users (new hires, etc.).
- Ways to maximize their current software usage by offering general help, suggestions, emailing how to information, links, etc.
- Upcoming expiring maintenance agreements and/or software licenses
- Take CRM online classes and acquire certification (company sponsored)
- Make customers aware of our social media presence
- Perform outbound calls and/or emails with important news and information (work with marketing on this).
- Contact clients with expiring maintenance agreements to provide them with renewal information, minimum of 45 days out.
- Communicate with Director of Marketing regarding customer needs and interest to be used for blogs, videos and social media.
- Communicate with Operations to give a timeframe on delivery of additional services (Speed!)…make sure client is followed up with in a reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain positive relationships with Account Managers at key vendors/partners (Sugar, Sage, Quickbase, etc.).
- Perform webinars from time to time on important customer success topics.
- Ensure our customer support queue is processed daily and if support cases go past a certain time frame escalate to a manager.
- Manage breakroom area including using company credit card for company kitchen.
- Help in answering incoming reception phone calls. (If you are on the phone making renewal calls the reception calls will forward to another person).
- Place orders online with vendors for renewals.
- Update Sugar with all calls, emails, notes, data, and activities related to clients.
- Update Sugar with updated renewal data as needed.
- Generate reports from Sugar as needed.
- Ensure correctness of data in Sugar for clients.
- Miscellaneous admin tasks as needed to meet company goals.
- Become an “expert” in SugarCRM, our FBSG software, and related software packages.
- Work with 3rd party vendors as needed
- Assist CEO and VP of Operations as needed in achieving company goals
Success Criteria & Objectives
- 90% subscription renewal rate.
- 90% client retention rate.
- Generate at least one new opportunity per week from existing clients.
Technical Skills and Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years B2B sales experience
- Prior experience in a customer service capacity
- Experience with CRM and/or related applications
- Successful track record of client relationship fostering and development in small and medium sized businesses.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Pro-active, creative participation in the execution of projects
- Strong communication skills in both email and verbal
- Strong team oriented skills since this position interfaces with all areas of the business
- Ability to work in a team environment (with other Account Executives Director of Marketing, Customer Success Team, etc.)
- Able to effectively communicate with team members
- Basic project management capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to be the best!
Performance Factors & “Soft Skills”
- Highly self-motivated and hard working
- Caring about clients
- Positive, can do, “anything is possible” attitude
- Love of software
- Significant attention to detail
- Prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrable energy, determination, and persistence
- Project professionalism and enthusiasm
- Manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Sense of humor
FayeBSG is a successful, growing Los Angeles-based software and consulting company committed to helping businesses become more profitable by helping them optimize their CRM, accounting & ERP software solutions to provide more information faster, more accurately, and more strategically. In 2015, not only were we honored on the INC5000 as one of the fastest growing American companies, but we were also the #1 SugarCRM partner in the world. We lead the way in developing innovative solutions to complex business issues.
Our CSM stays in touch with all of our clients by contacting them at least once every two months to make sure they are satisfied with our services and their software and to manage the renewal process for any software licenses needing renewal. This is a full-time, permanent position. Working closely with both the sales team and the operations team, the CSM plays an important role in the day-to-day activities for FayeBSG.
Work with FayeBSG and make a difference in real and measurable ways. We believe in hard work, professionalism, personal & professional growth, and being the best at what we do. Do you love software? Our values support the belief that anything is possible, and we’re looking to add members to the team who feel the same. We invite you to explore exciting career opportunities with one of the leading software companies in the industry.
Performance and attitude consistent with FayeBSG Values:
- Take Care of Our Clients & Partners
- Anything is Possible
- Creativity & Innovation
- Optimism & Passion
- One Company