Small and medium sized businesses are increasingly making the move to enterprise resource planning (ERP). Education and knowledge are essential in the success of not only implementing but also maintaining a suitable ERP system. Working with experienced vendors for both implementation and on-going maintenance is essential for success. As businesses grow and change so do the requirements of their operating systems. You can’t run efficiently if you have outgrown your own systems.
Getting all of of your processes properly coordinated and working in sync is necessary for a good production outcome. And that’s where enterprise resource planning and the right vendor for you is essential for you.
The ERP, market has grown to include a variety of solutions and delivery models, with cloud-based and Software as a Service (SaaS) available, so do your research, find out what you need and want to achieve and speak to an expert in software. Today is a perfect time to reassess your organizations needs and it may be in your best interest to switch vendors and a new solution.
Get a solid start by following these five steps for switching ERP vendors:
- Consider Web-based ERP solutions.
- Identify the software delivery model you want from a new vendor.
- Identify the points of integration with existing business software.
- Keep the legacy ERP solution online while you deploy and test the new ERP system.
- Transfer your data from the old ERP system to the new ERP solution.