6.4.0 release includes the following features:
- New Calendar module – phase 1
- Adding import for your LinkedIn Contacts in Import Wizard
- Updates to the Global Search results
- DB2 support for Windows, Unix and Linux
- Platform enhancements such as: DB layer re factoring phase1, cache upload enhancements, CSS sprite support for better performance.
What’s New In SugarCRM 6.4
Sugar Ultimate 6.4 Documentation
Sugar Ultimate Release Notes Version 6.4.0
For information on downloading Sugar installation, upgrade, and conversion packages, as well as Sugar Plug-ins, see this Knowledge Base article.
Enhanced features of the Calendar in Sugar 6.4.0 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to drag-and-drop items — Drag and drop items in Calendar for better ease of use
- Quick create and edit forms — Click on any time slot within Calendar to create Meetings and Calls; also click on any Calendar item to modify information in Quick Edit forms
- Long meetings displayed in a solid continuous piece — Calendar items that are longer than 30 minutes in duration are displayed as a solid continuous item ie, they do not have lines demarcating the 30 minute time boundaries
- Calendar dashlet — Calendar has been added as one of the Sugar Dashlet items in 6.4.0
- Individual color-codes for Meetings, Tasks and Calls — Meetings are displayed in blue, Calls in red, and Tasks in green to distinguish and identify them easily in Calendar
- Ability to change the first day of the week in month-views — Select any day as your preferred first day of the week from your User pages and display the modifications in month-view of Calendar
- Ability to navigate within Calendar by using the calendar view — Navigate to any date with lesser clicks of the mouse using the calendar view, instead of using the Next button
The following abilities have been added for users with administrator (admin) privileges in Sugar 6.4.0:
- Users and Employees modules added to Studio — Ability to customize Users and Employees modules in Studio
- Changes to Edit Fields option in Studio — Fields Editor is presented in tabular form for better display and lists details such as (field) Name, Display Label, and (field)Type
Platform enhancements in Sugar 6.4.0 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DB2 support — Sugar 6.4.0 supports IBM DB2 LUW 9.7.4 (or higher) using the ibm_db2 PHP driver version 1.9.2 (or higher), for better performance, stability, and flexibility of the system. Sugar 6.4.0 supports DB2 on Linux Unix and Windows only.
- DB layer refactoring — SugarCRM is planning a 3 phase, multi-release DB Layer refactoring to improve database independence and increase performance and stability. Release 6.4.0 includes the first of these phases which mainly focuses on moving database specific code and queries into a clean class hierarchy, eliminating the DB helper classes. These changes may affect customizations and custom modules which were built against older Sugar versions. It is imperative to test the upgrade process in a staging environment before proceeding with the production upgrade, especially if the system includes customizations or custom modules.
- CSS Sprites for better performance — Images of multiple icons combined into single images resulting in fewer images for the browser to download and fewer requests to the server. This results in reduced download time, less bandwidth consumption, and better performance of the application, and is beneficial especially for users with slower internet connections.
Additional changes in Sugar 6.4.0 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Import LinkedIn Contacts — Use the Import Wizard to import LinkedIn contacts for person-type modules such as Contacts, Leads, Targets, and Users
- Create icons in Reports module — Use the Create icons/links in List and Detail Views of Reports module for easy access to Quick Create forms
- 508 compliance — Inclusion of alt text, language specification in HTML headers, new Accessibility theme with better contrast in colors etc. for enhanced parsing of images for screen readers
- Search string highlighted in Quick View of search results — Click the Search icon next to a search result to display the Quick View of the record. Note that the search string is highlighted in the record’s Quick View.
New issues in Sugar 6.4.0
For more information on a bug or to provide feedback, use the SugarCRM Bug Tracker located at http://bugs.sugarcrm.com.To view the complete list of bugs fixed in this specific release, run a search using 6.4.0 in the Targeted Release field. Look for the bugs marked Fixed in the Resolution field.
To report a new issue found in this release, use 6.4.0 in the Found in Release field. Check the Bug Tracker for known issues prior to submitting bugs. You will be able to update existing bugs with additional information, as necessary.